Welcome to my blog, Words and Light: An exploration of (photo)journalism!
Quite simply, this blog is about journalism, photography, photojournalism and my personal/professional interactions with each of the above.
What I actually post varies wildly. I started this blog as a required component for my two journalism classes in spring semester 2009 (Advanced Reporting and Advanced Techniques in Photojournalism).
Since then, this blog has become a place where I share my personal and professional photographs, as well as somewhat of a repository for my thoughts and reflections on (photo)journalism.
I have never had a set agenda or design for this blog. I will never promote events, products or anything, really.
- As a former state government reporter, I used to post information about politics and economics on the statewide and federal levels, but I never tried to turn this into an analytical or political blog.
- I occasionally discuss my thoughts and concerns and shared information about the ever-changing journalism industry, but I can’t claim to be an expert on media affairs or to devote this blog to such analysis.
- I share my photography (regardless of whether I shot for academic, professional or recreational purposes), but this is by no means solely a photo blog.
- Finally, I write and disclose my own thoughts about journalism, the future and my development as a journalist and photographer, but certainly I don’t treat this blog like a journal.
In short — this blog is where I share my thoughts and experiences relating to (photo)journalism. That’s all. I hope you find it interesting, and perhaps even learn something. Thanks for reading!
Photography disclaimers and information:
- All photos published in this blog (that is, that I took) and in my Flickr are copyrighted by and belong to me, Chris Dunn.
- Unless otherwise noted, all photos copyrighted by me are designated as “Attribution-NonCommercial-No-Derivatives Creative Commons.” This means you may use my photos if and only if you follow the criteria listed here. If I find that you have ignored any of the criteria, I retain the full and legal right/authority to demand that you either fulfill the criteria or discontinue use of my image(s).
- All photos taken for my Advanced Techniques in Photojournalism class remain unaltered except maybe some cropping or sharpening. As of April 21, 2009, the only exceptions to this are of the mixed martial arts tournament.
Because viewing particularly the photo posts according to category can be tricky (even with the help of the categories in the righthand column), I’ve created a page where you can browse photo/other posts according to theme. (Example: spring break ’09 roadtrip photos.) You can view this page by clicking on the fourth tab above or by clicking HERE.