It’s been kind of a rough week. Inexplicably, “I’ll Fly Away” (as sung by Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch) is playing over and over in my head.
Life this week, in brief:
- I ordered a dry-aged prime rib roast for our Christmas Eve dinner. I’ve never prepared a big chunk of meat before, much less ordered one, so I’m reading up on the subject and accepting any/all advice.
- All my Christmas shopping is done — and the wrapping, too!
- Except, we are to shop for gifts for ourselves (to be “from” my parents and grandparents) because…
- …My dad is now undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer, which has him and my mom pretty preoccupied.
- This also means I’ve been assuming more responsibilities in the house, to help out my parents.
- Finally, I’m also trying to nail down my housing situation in York, Pa. I’m supposed to start my six-month internship in almost three weeks, so this is pretty crucial. I hope to get that wrapped up by early next week.
Next week, the holiday baking starts in earnest, my brother and sister-in-law arrive from Hawaii and I should really start packing for my upcoming move.
And breathe. Breathing is important.
(I also created my about.me profile/splash page. Check it out!)